Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Assignement from ethelo.com

My question to Adam. I believe that Obama had great views on lobbyist in his campaign. You stated in your blog that, "They have not funded my campaign, they will not run my White House, and they will not drown out the voices of the American people when I am president." I believe that this can be good but also can be detrimental at times too. What are a few main lobbyist that will not stay out of the government, and do you believe that this could be good or bad?

“Obama’s campaign not only refuses to accept contributions from federal lobbyists or political action committees but also addresses lobbyist involvement in government as a problem and has come up with actions to end it. Two of his ideas include making the lobbyist involvement more visible to the American people by creating an internet database of lobbyist activities and putting an end to no-bid contracts. Under his plan, any contract over the amount of $25,000 would have to be competitively awarded.” When researching the two presidential candidates I did not focus much of my attention to lobbying. This blog was very informative to me and I learned a lot. I hope that Obama implements the internet database to where citizens will be able to view the involvement of lobbyist.

No comments: